Great Island Boat Yard is now a Maintenance Level Cummins Engine Dealer, as well as a Maintenance Level Onan Marine Generator Dealer. This dealership gives our technicians access to world class Cummins and Onan Technical Training, and allows us the rights to use a Cummins/Onan diagnostic laptop to troubleshoot even the most complex engines and generators in the Cummins family. Our techs are very excited to be at the forefront of Electronic Diesel Technology.
- We’re in the process of becoming certified to handle maintenance, warranty and repairs on Cummins QSB 5.9, QSB 6.7, QSC 8.3, QSL 9 and QSM 11 Electronic Engines, as well as the older Mechanical Engines and Zeus Drives.
- We’re also working towards certification in the full line of marine Onan Generators.
- This means we’ll now be able to offer our customers full service and parts support for ALL Cummins and Onan products.
Recent Cummins Projects at Great Island Boat Yard:
- Winter 2013-14: Repowered a Susi 30′ Lobster Boat with a QSB 5.9 350hp Cummins Common Rail Engine
- Winter 2014-15: Plans to purchase and install a QSC 8.3 500hp Cummins Common Rail Engine in a 42′ Hinckley Talaria power yacht
“REPOWER WITH NEW”
- Cummins is currently running a “Repower With New” Program which allows dealers to offer rebates up to $7,000 for single engine installs, and up to $14,000 on twin engine installs depending on the engine selection. This is a great opportunity to save some some serious money while upgrading your engines!