Vessel: Hunt 36
Owners: George & Lisa F.
Hailing Port: Dublin, New Hampshire
During the refit of this Hunt 36, the GIBY team worked closely with the owners to turn their visions into reality. The ultimate goal was to customize the boat to support extended cruising, even during New England’s cooler shoulder seasons.
With all that was added to the boat during the refit, careful planning was key to the successful use of limited space. Mockups of the new galley and the new Garmin electronics package at the helm, for example, were utilized to ensure efficient layout and owner satisfaction.
“GIBY made the refit a delightful challenge instead of a chore,” said the owners upon project completion.
- Fabricate custom refrigeration unit, plumb and wire condenser, cooler panels, SeaFrost compressor, and evaporator
- Redesign galley layout to owner’s specifications
- Install water filter in galley
- Build & install custom cherry cabinetry in galley
- Fit & finish Formica countertops
- Varnish galley
- Modify electrical plan, electronic interfaces, mechanical functions, and systems
- Install solar panel array on hardtop, connect controller to MPPT device
- Install inverter/charger & new batteries
- Fabricate a radar mast riser to accommodate life raft mount and clearance on hardtop
- Fabricate & mount stainless steel handrails
- Template & install a new Garmin electronics package
- Service jet drives
- Replace engine mixing elbows
- Install an Espar heater
- Install second water tank
- Replace plastic seacocks with bronze fittings
- Support service for Vector controls
- Soda-blast, barrier coat, and paint bottom
- Install new horn
- Convert all navigation and cabin light fixtures to LED
- Service macerator, bilge pumps, and fuel level sensor
- Wire CO & smoke detectors
- Fabricate & install stainless half-rounds at bow for mooring lines
- Build foldout step for V-berth