Vessel: Jarvis Newman 46
Owner: Marc D.
Hailing Port: Harpswell, Maine
After meeting the GIBY team at the Newport Boat Show, this boat owner decided to cruise all the way from Charleston to Harpswell to work with the GIBY crew on the makeover of his newly acquired Jarvis Newman 46.
“This boat has good bones,” says Steve Rowe. “And we have a long history working on her. In 2008, we did a refit/repower job for the boat’s previous owners that included a new engine, new generator, new refrigeration, and a new inverter charging system.”
This fast paced refit was tightly scheduled and completed in under 10 weeks.
“Our project management methods and dedicated team allow us to successfully turnaround a project like this, even in the middle of our spring rush,” says Steve.
- Awlgrip Hull, Flybridge & Decks
- Apply Fresh Non-Skid
- Paint Engine & Engine Room
- Repair & Paint Ceiling
- Install & Interface New Digital Electronics Stations, 12″ Touch-Screen Displays, Pilot House & Bridge
- New Wind, Speed & Depth Instrumentation
- Install HD Digital Doppler Radar on Mast
- Install New Engine Mounts
- Replace Dahl Filters with Racors
- Re-Plumb Aft Shower; Install & Plumb Cockpit Shower
- Inspect, Service & Repair Steering
- Varnish Teak Wheel & Exterior Trim
- Install Larger Edson Wheel on Flybridge
- Install New Stainless Rails and Port Lights
- Rebed Stanchions & Hardware
- New Exterior Canvas & Isinglass Enclosure
- New Stidd Helm Chair
- Repair Doors & Hatches
- Install Search Light
- Install Custom Spray Rails
“When I chose GIBY for this project, I was concerned about living so far from where the work was being done, but the pictures and the regular communications I received made me feel like I was there the whole time,” said the boat owner, Marc, upon delivery.