Vessel: Oyster 53
Owners: Jeff & Cindy W.
Hailing Port: Boston
The work performed on this Oyster 53 is a good example of a multi-phase refit project. The owners began storing their boat at GIBY with the intention of tackling a series of significant updates over the course of several winter seasons. With this plan of attack, the boat was gradually transformed to satisfy the owners’ needs, desires, and aesthetic sensibilities.
- Awlgrip mast, boom, spreaders, vang
- Replace running rigging & backstay tensioner
- Inspect, service & replace rigging components – sheaves, bearings, pins, clutches, bushings, etc.
- Add chaffe protection to rig
- Convert mast lighting to LED
- Replace masthead wind instrument
- Service windlass
- Service furler
- Service & repair mast and deck winches
- Strip & rebuild cap rail varnish
- Install engraved cap rail tread at boarding gate
- Inspect & service steering system
- Inspect & service diesel engine – impellers, valves, hoses, clamps, heat exchanger, etc.
- Replace engine mounts
- Replace exhaust elbow
- Install handrail
- Tune/replace latches & gas shocks on hatches
- Apply maintenance coats of varnish to exterior brightwork
- Install solar array on bimini top
- Replace autopilot
- Fabricate new instrument panel
- Install new B&G instruments
- Simplify network – interface computer, radio and AIS with B&G instruments
- Install courtesy lighting
- Remove & replace teak decks
Leave a Reply