Vessel: Camper & Nicholson 60
Name: Patricia Gayle II
Owner: Mike P.
Hailing Port: Oyster Harbors
Prior to caring for this vessel, our team had the pleasure of doing an extensive repair and refit job for this same owner aboard his Eastbay 49. When that project wrapped, our team was presented with the opportunity to care for another boat from his personal fleet, a lovely Camper & Nicholson 60. A project list was drafted, the boat was delivered to GIBY, and work commenced.
Soon after arrival, however, the winter work scope changed dramatically. During the standard fall survey, our riggers discovered a significant crack in the mast! To avoid risk of a catostrophic failure, replacement was recommended. The owner agreed and a new Seldén mast was promptly spec’d and ordered.
In addition to the new mast, and all new standing and running rigging, the boat received terrific attention in all of the originally intended areas of focus. Over two consecutive storage seasons, the boat underwent a gradual refit.
- Spec & step new Seldén mast
- Install new boom & vang
- Spec & run all new standing & running rigging
- Deck hardware alterations, to accommodate new rig
- Rebed chainplates
- Rebuild helm brake
- Inspect & service steering system, replace cable & chain assembly
- Spec & install a new 52′ staysail hydraulic furler
- Service backstay cylinder
- Service mast & deck winches
- Install a new refrigerator
- Align engine
- Major mechanical & systems service, upgrades
- Replace all head hoses
- Soda blast, barrier coat & paint bottom
Leave a Reply