Vessel: Wilbur 34
Owner: Penny P.
Haling Port: Newport RI
Soon after acquiring this Wilbur 34, the new owners brought their boat to SHGI for customizing. Because they had purchased the boat near the end of the boating season, but wanted it ready to take south for the winter, the project turn around time was tight. In short order, our team delivered a comfortable vessel, to the owner’s specifications, equipped and ready to to take full advantage of the 2021 winter cruising season.
- Update the galley – install Corian countertops, plumb/wire a Wolf oven and freezer, new cooktop, and larger stainless sink & faucet
- Carpentry – interior finish work to accommodate updates & modifications
- Varnish interior
- Install solar panels on the hardtop
- Wire a new inverter charger
- Spec & install water tanks
- Replace the head
- Install fans & v-berth lights
- Replace batteries
- Replace starter
- Fabricate a teak shower grate
- Add a deck shower – plumb for hot & cold water
- Fabricate a cockpit settee & dropleaf table
- Sand teak deck
- Replace bow pulpit
- Install swim ladder & custom grab rail
- Repair & refinish the cabin sole
- Install a new forward hatch
- Wire a new stereo system
- Customize helm station – install teak captain’s chairs
- Spec new flagpole & ensign
- Apply new name & hailing port to transom
Between early winter storms, this classic beauty departed Maine via land transport, ready for some fun in the sun…in the Sunshine State and the Bahamas!
She’s a beautiful picture for me when I look out my window , or being in my yard & enjoying the view.